The world is facing an unprecedented threat from the COVID-19 pandemic caused by the SARS-CoV-2 virus (referred to as the COVID-19 virus). We are following the advice from the World Health Organization (WHO) for the food or food packaging industry which includes:
- Personal protective equipment (PPE), such as masks and gloves, which are effective in reducing the spread of viruses and disease and all our employees are provided with PPE.
- Gloves are changed frequently and hands are washed between glove changes and when gloves are removed.
- Proper hand hygiene including washing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Frequent use of alcohol-based hand sanitizers
- Good respiratory hygiene (covering mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing; dispose of tissues and wash hands)
- We maintain physical distancing and stringent hygiene and sanitation measures and promote frequent and effective handwashing and sanitation at each stage of food processing, manufacture and marketing.
- Frequent cleaning/disinfection of work surfaces and touch points such as door handles.
- Avoiding contact with anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness such as coughing and sneezing. Staff who are unwell do not report to work.
Please note that, as per the WHO, COVID-19 is a respiratory illness and the primary transmission route is through person-to-person contact and through direct contact with respiratory droplets generated when an infected person coughs or sneezes. There is no evidence to date of viruses that cause respiratory illnesses being transmitted via food or food packaging. Coronaviruses cannot multiply in food; they need an animal or human host to multiply.