Apart from Meenakshi Amman temple, Jallikattu and Pongal festival, Madurai, a town in Tamil Nadu, is also famous for the Pongal dish. FORGOTTEN FOODS Madurai style Pongal is made using Little millets seasoned with Cashews, Turmeric, Ginger, Cumin, Curry leaves and Pepper.
Little Millet grains are also known as Sridhanya Samai Akki in Kannada, Sirithenaigal Samai Arisi in Tamil, Sridanya Kutki Chawal in Hindi and Siridhanyalu Samalu Biyam in Telugu.
- The high fibre content in the grains may help you in improving your gut health.
- The grains are low in Glycemic index (GI) and hence may be suitable for diabetics. It may keep your energy levels sustained for a longer time.
- The siridhanya grains have high Anti-Oxidants and micronutrients in them
- Sridhanya are a good source of plant proteins. Little millet is rich in protein content when compared to rice or wheat.
- The idlies are 100% gluten free hence very suitble for coeliacs and gluten intolerant people.
It is very simple and easy to cook millet Pongal using our instant premix for your healthy breakfast.
Step 1) Add 1 measure MIX to 3 measures boiling water.
Step 2) Stir constantly for 7-8 minutes on low to medium flame.
Step 3) Mix well. Serve hot. *Optionally serve with ghee.
*Measure means a cup or container of your choice
Little millet, moong dal, pepper, cashew nuts, cumin, green chilly, curry leaves, ginger powder, edible vegetable fat (interesterified), salt.
DISCLAIMER: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug adminstration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The result may vary from person to person.
Millet Madurai Pongal - 400G Serves 5 (Vegan)