Forgotten Foods Corn Rava Idly is a healthy breakfast option. It is highly nutritious, rich in fibre, vitamins, minerals, non Acidic and 100% Gluten free food.
Rava Idly is a speciality of the state of Karnataka.
Corn Daliya/Rava is known as Mekke Jola in Kannada, Makai/ Makki Rava in Hindi, Mokka Jonna in Telugu and Makka Cholam in Tamil.
It is good for Diabetes, Reduction of Cholesterol, Obesity & Constipation.
- Corn rava – 1 cup
- Curd – 1 3/4 cup
- Salt to taste
- Soda – 3 pinches
- Carrot – 3 tablespoons [grated]
- Cashew nuts – 6 [fried in ghee or oil]
- Green chilli – 1 [finely chopped]
- Ginger – 1/2 tablespoon [finely chopped]
- Curry leaves – 1 spring [finely chopped]
- Coriander leaves – 1 spring [finely chopped]
- Mustard seeds – ½ tablespoon
- Bengal gram – ½ tablespoon
- Urad dal – ½ tablespoon
- Gingelly oil – 1 tablespoon [for greasing idli plates]
- Medium dry roast the Corn Rava.
- In a bowl put corn rava, curd, salt and water. Mix well [idly batter consistency, not too thick] then cover & leave it for half an hour [for smoothness].
- Heat pan with oil add mustard seeds, Bengal, gram, urad dal, carrot, green chilli and ginger sauté gently.
- Once batter is ready then add seasoned ingredients, coriander leaves and fried cashew nuts mix well.
- Then grease idly batter with gingelly oil then pour batter in to idly plate then steam it for 10 min.
- Serve hot with chutney.