Forgotten Millet Rottis is a healthy main dish which can be had for lunch or dinner.
It can be prepared with any millet flour. Forgotten Foods offers 3 types of millet flour including Multi millet flour, Foxtail millet flour and Kodo millet flour.
Millet rottis are low in GI and hence will keep you full for a longer time when compared with wheat rotis.
Course – Main course
- Kodo/Foxtail/Multi millet flour/Jowar/ Bajra flour – 2 cups
- Water – 2 cups
- Salt – 1/2 spoon
- Oil – 1/2 spoon
The quantity of Millet flour and water can be increased or decreased on a 1:1 proportion.
Method of Preparation
- Boil 2 cups of water
- Add salt as per taste
- Add 2 cups of millet flour, mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes
- Mix the flour with water and switch off the stove.
- Cover and keep for 10 minutes or till the mixed flour cools down to room temperature.
- Knead the flour well and roll them into balls to make rottis.
- Heat the tawa, spread oil and heat the rottis.